Intellectual Motivation and the Power of "Why?"

Posted by Muhtar on 15:38





as part of my personal growth journey, I have been studying other personal development gurus like Steve Pavlina. I love it because he loves to write and I love to read what it says. He was a big inspiration for me.


In his article on motivation, talking (well, he says. He writes, but it certainly feels as if talking) about the difference between emotional and intellectual motivations and wonder what it means.


Some theories on spirituality and personal development of people considered to be "emotional machinery". Everything we do to get a certain feeling. We get up in the morning and wash your face, because we believe that we can get something out of it. We go to work, we got married, we can make children eat, sleep -. All the sense of


I find this theory very powerful and fits well with my emotional intelligence background. Let's explore.


Try your search on the daily activities. Have you ever stopped and asked yourself why? Try it. This thought itself is an amazing effect of bringing awareness into your life. "Why go to work?", "Why I stayed late at work?", "Why do we eat?", "Why did I call my mother (or friend)?" and "Why buy gifts for Christmas ?"


Here is an example. One of my clients wanted to set a goal to find a new job. "Why?" I asked him. "So I can have money," he said, it looks like the answer should be obvious. "Why do you want money?" I kept asking. "So I can pay my rent and other costs," he said. "And then?" I said. "I'll be able to relax," he said.


You see, if we dig deep enough, we will always find the feeling.


It was a little embarrassed to do so for all you do in life, but it is necessary in order to live a life of meaning. If you feel that you are not in control of your life, examine how many things not just because everyone is doing them. Remember, "Doing more than average is what brings the average down." Find how many things not only because they were working for a long time, just because it's hard to be different and go with your beliefs, or simply because they never thought about it?


You will be surprised to learn that most people feel out of control, just because they never ask "why". Even worse, when the negative self talk and full of fear, they never ask, "Why do not ?".


Some people, like Steve Pavlina, I think that this activity is a form of intellectual and analysis of his life, taking stock of your current situation and create a logical reason for motivation, I believe that even this analysis exercise should make you emotional get a sense of control.


What it feels like people from the analysis of their lives? Control, order, system, confidence, security.


For me, the rationalization of water to the desired emotion, so it's really only one kind of motivation, emotional kind. The motivation is to "want" that gives you the strength and commitment to the breed.


in the quest for personal growth, whenever you're looking for motivation, whether you go straight to your emotions, or spend some time intellectualizing First, always start by asking, "Why ?".


can find happiness everywhere,


Ronit Baras